The Leibniz Institute for Applied Geophysics (LIAG) invites applications for the position of
Research Scientist (Gravimetry, Geohazards) (m/f)
reference number G 12/19
for a fixed-term contract, starting 01 January 2020 and ending 31 December 2020.
The section ‘seismics and potential field methods’ investigates the upper Earth’s crust with seismic, gravimetric, and magnetic methods as well as the complementary integration of structural geological analysis. For our research field ‘gravimetry & magnetics’, we seek you. Based on your knowledge and experience, you will mainly contribute to the investigation of geohazards. Based on your creative approach, you will network within LIAG as well as with other national and international partners.
- monitoring of geohazards with (especially) gravimetric methods: development and improvement of monitoring concepts
- acquisition and processing of gravity data: separation and quantification of signals caused by different sources
- publication of research results in international journals
- national & international networking
- Degree (Master or equivalent) in geophysics, geodesy, geosciences, physics or a comparable subject area.
- knowledge and first scientific experience in gravimetry
- knowledge of at least one higher programming language (Python preferred)
- good command of spoken and written English (level B2)
The following fields of experience are of advantage
- working on interdisciplinary research projects
- carrying out gravimetric / magnetic measurement campaigns
- knowledge in the adjustment of gravity data
- acquisition of third-party funds
- knowledge of German or the will to learn the German language
- the ability to work independently and in teams
LIAG is a member of the renowned Leibniz Association and enjoys an excellent reputation, both nationally and internationally. The Institute is part of the GEOZENTRUM Hannover and a number of networks and hence offers a very versatile work environment. LIAG supports further qualification of its employees.
Pay scale is based on salary group E13 TV-L (Collective Agreement for public service of the German states) under consideration of § 40 No. 5 TV-L (consideration of professional experience).
Applications from people of all nationalities, regardless of their origin, gender, religion or philosophy, disability, age, or sexual orientation are welcome. LIAG pursues a policy of equal opportunities for women and men. In this context, applications from women are especially encouraged. In line with flexible working hours we offer a responsible and diversified position that is also appropriate for parttime employment and reentry after parental leave.
LIAG aims to increase the number of disabled employees. Given equal qualifications, disabled applicants will be given priority.
Applications from persons who already were or are employed with LIAG cannot be con-sidered.
Please submit your full application electronically (max. 10 MB), without a photo, and stating the job advertisement number G 12/19 o email@example.com by 14.11.2019.
Further information is available from our website www.leibniz-liag.de and from Prof. Gerald Gabriel, under the email Gerald.Gabriel@leibniz-liag.de.